Send a complimentary subscription campaign
This campaign option enables you to send out free subscriptions. Readers will receive the subscriptions directly in their inboxes. They can open and read both current and upcoming issues for the specified period.
If you wish to deliver complimentary subscriptions to specific contacts and/or a list of contacts follow these steps:
Note: Make sure you have set up paid subscriptions so that you can send them for free with the Complimentary Subscription Campaign.
1. Click the Email Marketing button of the left sidebar.
2. Click the New Campaign button.
3. Click the Complimentary Subscription button.
4. Enter all the required information.
Name: The internal name of the campaign, which is visible only to you.
Publication: Select the publication folder you want to deliver a free subscription for.
Subscription package: You may have different subscription packages. Select the one you want to send for free.
Mail subject: The title specified here should tell the recipient what the message is about. This will be displayed next to your name and it is the first thing the recipient will see.
From name: Let the subscriber know who the email was sent from.
Tip: It's much better to use a company or brand name over an individual person's name unless that person is the brand.
Reply-to email: You will get the replies from your recipients in the email address specified here.
Send to: Here, you can select both the list of contacts and separate contacts you wish to send the campaign to.
Note: Learn more about creating a contact list.
Don't send to: Here, you can select both the list of contacts and separate contacts you wish not to send the campaign to.
5. When you’re done click the Preview button.
6. Check if everything is alright and click the Start button.
7. Confirm that you want to start the campaign in the pop-up.
8. Now you're redirected to the processing page. It will take about 10 seconds to deliver all the messages.
Congrats, now you are ready to send complimentary subscription campaigns!
Joomag blog: Explore the anatomy of an email marketing campaign in the Joomag’s guide to email marketing in our blog.