Adding hotspots to the publication
Using the Crater Editor you may easily add hotspots to your publication and link them to almost anything. Below is described how to do that.
1. Select the Hotspot Tool from the left toolbar and draw a rectangle with this tool where you wish to have the hotspot.
2. Once the rectangle is drawn, the Link tool will expand automatically to let you set the link you wish to be directed to.
3. Select the option you wish from the Type dropdown and enter the corresponding link.
- URL - Reader will be navigated to the external address you specify.
- Link to inner page - Reader will be navigated to the specified page of the publication.
- Email - The default mail client program will popup with the prefilled email address you specify.
- Call - You may create click-to-call links.
- Popup YouTube - A popup YouTube video you specified will appear when the hotspot is clicked.
- Pupup Vimeo - A popup Vimeo video you specified will appear when the hotspot is clicked.
- Popup Media - A popup media file (image, video or flash) you specified will appear when the hotspot is clicked.
- Popup HTML - A popup with custom html will appear when the hotspot is clicked.
- Subscribe - Reader will be subscribed to your magazine when the hotspot is clicked.
4. Save the page and you're done!